Tuesday, March 29, 2016

An Enchanted Escape

"My Writing Excerpt"

She's here. I know she is. That scent gives it away. Her scent. Sweet as honeysuckle. Informing me of her arrival. The birds chitter and chatter filling the air with the most magical hum joining the butterflies who are fluttering above, reinforcing me of her arrival. Letting me know that my faithful friend has arrived.
 
 
“Welcome back Shirley,” Emote sings as she flies under the tree, secreting a silvery shimmering light, trailing behind her. She is lighter and swifter than a lightning bolt and fluid as the water in the river.


" My Stitch Interpretation. "

For this post i changed my process and used my stitching to inspire my writing.
A few years back this toadstool poped up in the garden. I imagined fairies flying around with wings as light as feathers and scent as sweet as honeysuckle.
And so began the inspiration for my stitched "Funki Funghi"
 


She has the beauty and brilliance of a flower in the sun, with scent is as sweet as honeysuckle.
 


Her hair is as fine as mist, capable of sprinkling particles of happiness
 
She is able to bequeath the beauty of life through her presence.

.
 
Her caring, compassionate words are like petals falling from her lips.
 
 
For she is the guardian of emotions, the feelings of life.
 

 
This body of work has a focus on the magical world of fairy fantasy.
A dream world in Faraway Places, where declicate fairies play among the trees, flowers and toadstools.
An Enchanted Escape.
 


 

2 comments:

  1. I know it's impossible to write a comment if I'm speechless. But I am. You have outdone yourself with these Cherie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Cherie...so much beautiful work, I'm speechless too. The top image is also wonderful, so calming....

    ReplyDelete