Sunday, January 24, 2016

Reflections of 2015

I began 2015 with the intent to begin journal writing as a means to heal and grow. Unbeknown to me at the time, this was my inception into a world that would open up new doors of creativity for me.  As i ventured through each day, I found the journal writing ritual, most enjoyable. Expressing my thoughts into the written word is providing me with an array of inspiration for my needlework endeavors.

After only 3 months of journal writing, the whole process opened up my mind and heart to emotions i didn't even know existed. Keeping in mind that my initital intent with journal writing was to help me heal and grow, and wanting to explore myself further, I found the most amazing mentor Corona Brady and in April 2015 began working with her.
And so began a 9 month journey, with fortnightly meetings via skype, where Corona supported me along the path of self discovery.

Throughout this period Corona taught me meditation, Kundalini yoga, the importance of rituals, mindfulness and an array of other energy healing techniques. This work with Corona, and in particular the deep mediation process that she guided me through, further developed my enquiry skills and I became fascinated by the possibility that patterns, emotions and feelings could, maybe, be passed on down through the generations without us even realising. Hence, i began asking questions about my grandmother and great grandmother.

I am in a very fortunate position. My Grandmother Shirley is here with us and at 91 years of age, is patient enough to participate in my "interviews" of her earlier life. A very hard, sad life indeed.

So for 2016 my writing and stitching focus has begun with further exploration into my grandmother, Shirley and her life journey. I am looking forward to sharing snippets of my writing and stitch interpretations here on my blog throughout 2016.

Four Generations of Girl Power !
From left to right
Kim{my daughter}, Cherie{Me}, Marlene{my mother}, Shirley{my grandmother}

1 comment:

  1. I remember adoring your journal pages Cherie and really can't wait to see the next ones.....and four generations of wonderful women, how lucky you all are x

    ReplyDelete