Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Forget Me Not!

Today i begin sharing my writing and stitch interpretation referencing my Grandmother Shirley.

Shirley


 

"My Writing Excerpt"

{Below is an excerpt, a small passage, of my narrative from the period in Shirleys life when she was 12 years of age.}
 
I have moments when I feel like mum is here watching over me. Guiding me with little signs that disappear as quickly as they appear.


Only yesterday I found forget-me-nots growing amongst the brambles on the river bed. Such a strange spot for this pretty blue flower to reside.
Was this a message to me from mum? For me to remember her and all she taught me? I think possibly so, for as i lent over and gently picked one of the forget-me-nots, it scream the moment it was uprooted from the earth. A loud piercing screech, that took me by surprise, but verified my suspicions. This tiny sweet little blue flower was informing me that it is well aware of the rules of nature that mum taught me.
"To love something is to appreciate it. Not own it. Not possess it. So you should never pick a flower you love for it will die and not be the wonder that you loved.
Forget-Me-Nots peeping out of the brambles

 

" My Stitch Interpretation. "

 
The piece of work in this image is a woolen blanket that I am in the process of embellishing with Silk Ribbon and Wool embroidery
Blue Forget Me Nots, using 2mm silk ribbon and stitched with ribbon loop stitch
     


Blue Forget Me Nots, using appletons wool and stitch with lazy daisy stitch



 

2 comments:

  1. you have a very moving piece of history in your narrative Cherie....I love your accompanying embroidery. It's very fitting.

    ReplyDelete