Monday, May 11, 2015

Journal 2015 - February to April Snippets - Grey - "Emotion Interpretation".

Grey is a colour that I have been drawn to for a while now, and when looking into Colour theory and the personality of the colour grey, "Look Here" I do display many of the traits.

Apparently loving the colour grey means you are trying to protect yourself from the chaotic outside world, and reflecting on my Journal entries for the past few months I have to admit that I have been isolating myself from others. Even my blog posts have been lacking recently, but my daily journal entries have been blooming with thoughts,--  thoughts of fear, of my ambitions, my purpose in life-- yearning for answers, for guidance.

 Out on one of my recent walks,  these little droppings {left photo} caught my eye again., and so i roughly doodled them.
They were also featured  here   
 
This then formed the inspiration for my second stitched journal interpretation piece.
Beginning with free machine embroidered circles, then Bullion knots clumped on top of each other, Detached Buttonhole, french knots scattered and clumped on top of each other, applique balls and buttonhole cut holes. 
 
 
This piece is continuing on from my last post here from January Journal thoughts, where i was investigating stitch interpretation for Worry-Fear-Troubles-Anxiety etc... Most of this year, I have been delving further into these same emotions and the effect they have on me.
 


 
The materials used in my Sampler are, card butterfly motifs, hand made paper, brown paper bags, bark from a paper bark tree, balsa wood, threads and silk fabric.  What a combination!
 

  
 This is my second stitch piece of what i have now named  "Emotion Interpretation".
It may seem dark, and gloomy, but i am finding that you need to begin at the beginning.
My journal writing began in January 2015,  with getting all of my thoughts out of my head and onto paper-my journal,  "JULIA CAMERON" calls the Morning Pages kind of a  "Dumping Ground".

I like this, because i am journaling thoughts and emotions that have been stored in my head for a long time. They are thoughts i dont really want anymore - thoughts that i have been hanging onto, and now I have a tool to help them be released, removed from my head and dumped into my journal.
 
That is the beginning. I accept that i am at the beginning.
The beginning of a cleansing  - clearing of the mind.
I already feel freer, clearer in my mind. It is a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. I can clearly see the connection between the seed heads and your encrusted stitching. This is a fabulous piece of work Cherie....what better place to rid yourself of negativity than in stitch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is such depth in your stitching - evocative of your feelings you give us through your words here. There seems to be layers throughout and in some places they seem to be percolating (the bumpy bits) - much like thoughts seem to do. Well done Cherie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful mixture of elements in your grand stitched piece. i do love the color gray and somewhere around here is a small collection of gray fabrics.

    ReplyDelete