Thursday, May 28, 2015

Jounal 2015 - May Snippets - "The Crazy Life we Lead"

May has been a busy month for me with work and family commitments...And i am so thankful to have my journal writing to fall into each day. I am still realy enjoying the process of releasing my thoughts into writing.  One of the things that I have noticed is that life does have moments of crazy times, where my best laid plans fall apart, my daily rituals and schedules upheavaled, often due to external sources. Fustrating yes....But i am learning to go with what happens, take each moment as it comes and being mindful of my own needs as I piece back together my intentions and goals to the best of my ability. Much like a crazy patchwork.
 
My crazy patchwork below, has been randomly pieced together and then embellished with a few of my favourite things., items that i enjoy or have respect for.


Mindfullness to me is all about being in the moment and giving to yourself what you need right now.
Music for relaxation and fun and a sign of hope for the future.



 
A walk in nature nourishes the soul and energises the creative flow.
 
 

A few of my favouite nourishing beverages, a glass of wine, or a cup of tea
 
 
A few more of my favouite things.,   Angels, Cherubs and Love
  
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hello Cherie! What a beautiful piece of crazy patchwork. I love all the fabulous stitches you have added, especially the trees which have been stitched perfectly. Have a lovely weekend! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this work Cherie, sumptuous, such rich colours. It also has a warmth.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherie, I so love this piece and this approach. Would love to see a photo of the entire piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous Cherie. I love crazy quilting and this piece of yours is wonderful - the dark colours seem so vivid to me. I am also especially drawn to your little stitched trees - is that feather stitch? They are so beautifully done, as is all the other stitching.

    ReplyDelete