Saturday, January 24, 2015

Grow Your Blog Party 2015

A warm welcome and many thanks for visiting by blog and especially a bit thank you to our party host, 2 Bags Full - Vicki.  This is my first Blog Party and I am excited to join you and have you join me. I am looking forward to viewing other guest’s blogs during this 2015 Party Season. 
2 Bags Full

My name is Cherie and I am the mum of a 21 year old son and a 25 year old daughter, who still live at home with my husband and I. I am happy with this as I love having them around and both are my motivation and inspirations in everything I do.  We live on 25 acres in the Adelaide Hills, in a lovely old Georgian home, with 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 alpacas, 3 horses, and many many wild birds who visit each day.
 

My   blog is still a baby and is mainly about my journey through learning embroidery techniques, predominantly hand embroidery. It began as a means for me to record my progress and as a tool for me to look back at my travels with thread and a needle. In February of 2014, I began a yearlong project and named it “Dear Diary 2014”.  Each week I took inspiration from an image in my V&A Diary, and then interpreted it into a stitch based sample.  My aim was to produce a ledger of handiwork to keep as inspiration for the future.


It is now complete and has become a Sampler Book - a Needlework Ledger, to keep on display ensuring that my stitching future is full of inspiration. You can find more about this project on the right hand side of my blog under “Labels”. Each post is labelled by weeks, Week 1, Week 2..etc..

I also enjoy casual journal writing, and love the feeling of expressing my thoughts into written words, which, I have decided, will form the basis of my hand embroidery journey for 2015.  My intent for 2015 is to begin daily journal writing for the very first time. I have conducted a touch of research and have come to the conclusion that journal writing is a means to turn inwards by writing down your thoughts and feelings, and then perhaps analysing.. I feel the process of journal writing would be a valuable tool to help heal and grow, because by writing down our thoughts we are clearing our mind, making room for new thoughts to enter without being cluttered.

From this journal writing I will take snippets, sentences or just one word and interpret that into a stitch sampler.

So to all you party goers, I do hope you will continue to check back here over the year to see my progress with journal writing, stitch sampling and most importantly growth and healing. 

21 comments:

  1. Hi Cherie, nice to meet you! I'm visiting on behalf of Vicki of http://vicki-2bagsfull.blogspot.co.uk/, thanks for joining the party. Your needlework ledger is a brilliant idea and a great record of your stitching journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cherie! I am visiting from the Grow Your Blog party and I have really enjoyed my visit! I am a patchwork/quilter from the UK but, I also put a lot of stitchery in my quilts, so I love your needlework ledger! What a great idea. Looking forward to seeing how your 2015 journal progresses! Hope you get lots more visitors! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of the journal, your pictures are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cherie,
    Welcome to Grow Your Blog party. I lvoe your idea of keeping a Embroidery Journal. I spent 2 years living in Adelaide.. Love it.
    Hope you'll made some new friends and have new followers in the weeks to come. Big Hugs from Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting via GYB. Your journal is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cherie,
    Your sampler journal is beautiful! I love the journals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea to make a sampler book. I love that you finished one every week. Wondering now if I can do that. Found you on GYB. Glad I did.
    Sandi
    www.thevictoriangypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a joy to find you via the GYB party! Your work is fabulous and what a wonderful needlework ledger - swoonworthy! I'll certainly be looking forward to visiting regularly and seeing what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm here from GYB party. Love your Embroidery! I'm just learning Embroidery myself and Silk Ribbon Embroidery. Am now your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Cherie,
    Visiting from the NSW Central Coast via the GYB party. Thoroughly enjoyed the images of your home, and of your work. Your photography is very good. Its not easy to photograph craft as the colours are often not quite right. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me, Cherie!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your embroidery journal. That is a great idea to keep samples in!! I do a bit of embroidery myself, but nothing like the beautiful work you do. I also love to cross stitch, crochet and my new love is knitting. I'm visiting from www.withworkinhand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post Cherie! Nice to find out a little bit more about you. Have fun on the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cherie...followed you over from GYB...(My blog is there too!) I love your journal! I am going to follow you to see how you did it and do for 2015 journal. I would love to be able to make one like this! I just don't know how to start and what to include! I use my blog for "documenting" my work and need to print it out, and of course, print out pictures to go with the quilts, but so much work! Not that Im lazy or anything, but I'd really like to have one like you have.

    Cheri, the quilting nanny
    quiltingnanny(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!! Look at your ledger!!! It's a work of art.....crammed.....a huge library of skill and information....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi I'm following I like hand work too. You are smart to journal it
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy to meet you Cherie on the Blog Party! Hope you enjoy touring around. Your blog is very interesting and inspiring! I am one of your new followers:) you can find me at: http://deborahstanleyinspirations.blogspot.com/ best, deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by from GYB. I like handwork too, particularly ribbon embroidery and beading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello from Greece! I am here through Grow Your Blog! Such lovely stitches you make!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello blog hopper newbie. That journal of yours is a great idea!

    Popped by from GYB.
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2015/01/grow-your-blog-and-repairing-vintage.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! Your fiber work is simply amazing! The journal is a wonderful idea. It was nice to meet you! www.jennifersvintagepaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete