Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Dear Diary 2014, Week 50

8th December to 14th December 2014

The V&A image for Week 50 is  "Woven silk, Lyon,  France,1723-40"
For my interpretation i have used both of the colours from the V&A image - Pink and Buttercup. Both are my favourite colours, but i seem to be more partial to Pink, it is a softer, less violent red, what i think is the sweet side of red. Both red and pink denote love but while red is hot passion, pink is romantic and charming. Some of the words that represent the various shades of the color pink are Salmon, coral, hot pink, fuschia, blush, flesh, flush, fuchsia, rose
For my interpretation below,  I have used card, hand made pink paper and a piece of lace in a buttercup tone.


The V&A image for Week 50 is "Woven silk, Lyon, France,1723-40"





2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourites! I've never been a huge fan of pink (being more of a purple and blue person) but it's growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a good eye for mixing pieces which not only work together but which reference your pages beautifully....

    ReplyDelete