Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Diary 2014, Week 24

9th June to 15th June 2014

The V&A Diary notes that this weeks image is "Detail of a man's nightgown, figured satin woven in Spitalfields, London, 1707-8".
In todays society, I dont think we would see to many mens nightgowns made with fabric like this!!

My stitch interpretation is from the bunch of flowers in the top left corner.
I have reversed the colours - Pink back ground and blue flower.
I have used silk ribbon to stitch onto a silk wire edged ribbon.

V&A Image  {left}   Detail of a man's nightgown, figured satin woven in Spitalfields, London, 1707-8".










4 comments:

  1. it's a resounding yes from me with this one!! Well actually it's a resounding yes for the whole amazing, crammed book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i imagine that it is wonderful to flip through the pages of this book. so many gorgeous pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine a male from today wearing a nightgown, much less a flowered one such as this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very effective, the reversal of colours - I love the flower you stitched as well Cherie... so very pretty. Funny to think of what people wore, but then again, we have to take responsibility for the 1980's....

    ReplyDelete