Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dear Diary 2014, Week 18

28th April 2014 to 4th May 2014

My Stitch sampler this week is a Rose Bud and a flower, and the colours i have picked up are the blue and pink/marone from the V&A images. The Rose Bud is made from wire edged silk Ribbon., I have also used a piece of lace to pick up the lace in the image on the left. The flower is worked using gathered Wire edged Ribbon and netting, with french knots for the centre.

Samples of dress silks from a merchant's order book Lyon, France 1763






3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to get my weekly 'fix' of what you are creating for this project. I really look forward to seeing what you've done and to seeing how you interpret the original in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful attention to detail Cherie....
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do something different in this book and it always looks amazing - can't wait to see what's next

    ReplyDelete