Thursday, April 24, 2014

SS4 - True Blue - Dark Blue

My Simply Stitch 4 creative journey with Karen Ruane,  has ventured down the path of exploring the colour "Blue"  and the well known phrase "True Blue".   To begin, i am exploring Dark Blue and what it is known to represents.  My investigation has identified that some of the words that represent Dark Blue are  knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness. And the phrase -True Blue represents  someone loyal and faithful. In order to have an organised record of my findings i will be mounting my samplers and ideas, thoughts and feelings into a Ledger. I understand a Ledger to be  just that - a ledger - a record, a journal of experiences and notes of interest.  I am hoping this Ledger will be a channel to help me grow with my creative ventures in hand embroidery.  Accordingly, I have began in my ledger by noting down the key words that represent blue, along side my stitch samplers. 
Ledger Page 2:   Paper Transfers and Dark Blue
Ledger Page 2 {photo above}. In class we have been playing with paper transfers, and as a result this ledger page is recording the paper transfer that i used in the below stitch sampler. Additionally i have noted down some of the words that represent dark blue.


Ledger Page 3:     Stitch Samplers and Dark Blue
Ledger Page 3 {photo above}. The sample on the right is from an earlier post, SS4 -True Blue, and the sample on the left is a free machine embroidery technique that Karen demonstrated in class. Again, some of the words that represent Dark Blue and True Blue have been noted down, in preparation for further investigation.


6 comments:

  1. a beautiful thoughtful study of the power of blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mo. I am learning quite a bit through this study.

      Delete
  2. Blue is my favourite colour so I love your work on these pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann, yes Blue is one of my favourite colours too. And i am enjoying this ledger process.

      Delete
  3. blue heaven Cherie.....your record keeping is wonderful.
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful record keeping - Just following your lead. Thank you Karen.,

    ReplyDelete