Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Simply Stitch 4 - "True Blue "

I have been fortunate to participate in  Karen Ruane's online classes, Simply Stitch 1,2,3 and now 4.
Simply Stitch 4 {SS4}, is currently running until August 2014. We will be sampling with fabric, thread, paper, using machine and hand embroidery.  My plan is to follow along behind Karen as she posts demonstrations.  Karen is working in her traditional white colour theme along with the addition of blue. So I thought I would do a touch of research on the colour blue.

Interestingly, Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body.  - Just what i need right now.
It is thought to slow the human metabolism and produces a calming effect. - I require this too.
Blue is associated with tranquillity, calmness, depth and stability and symbolises trust, loyalty, wisdom and faith. -  Would not say no to a dose of these qualities.
Light blue is associated with health, healing, tranquillity, understanding, and softness.  - Perfect
Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness.  - i have need of these too.

The Language of blue can be utilized to attract the positive aspects of the colour blue from well-known phrases like:
·        True blue - someone loyal and faithful
·        Bluestocking - well-read or scholarly woman
·        Out of the blue - unexpected (could be positive or negative)
·        Blue ribbon - first rate, top prize
·        Bluebook - register of socially prominent people
·        Blueblood - person of noble birth, royalty

As a tribute to Karen Ruane, and everything i have learnt from her, I have named my SS4 Online Class project   "True Blue" .    Karen,  has become a loyal and faithful "Online" friend to me and many others.  Karen provides understanding along with a depth of  stability to her students, and is always there to offer her wisdom and knowledge. It is calming and beneficial to the mind and body to find such an inspirational teacher who offers integrity and loyalty.   So,    "True Blue"  it is..

SS4  "True Blue" Sampler Beginnning

SS4  "True Blue"   Sampler Beginnning

SS4  "True Blue"   Sampler Beginnning


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for those kind words Cherie, I should thank you for your consistency in being part of my online classes, your work is absolutely beautiful and I wonder if you even have need of me.I love your research into blue.....keep it, print it...I see a ledger in its future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My consistency is because i enjoy your work and the manner in which you teach. I do definitely need you, your inspiration, thoughts and techniques you demonstrate.....And yes blue research along with a ledger page is in progress. Thank you Karen..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for doing the research on the colour blue - I always knew there was a reason it was my favourite colour!! I see a bit of Karen's influence in your photography too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Ann, thanks for visiting. I do enjoy researching colour and the effects it has on us. Yes Karens influence can be seen in many of my creative ventures.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful post, and such a beautiful composition... true blue indeed. I am so grateful to have found Karen, and her classes - she has opened my eyes wide, and inspired me in ways I never imagined. It has been a great gift in itself, but the addition of the community of our group - well, that just makes it a priceless thing. This is such a beautiful tribute Cherie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful words thoughts and tribute, true blue indeed!

    ReplyDelete