Thursday, April 10, 2014

Dear Diary 2014, Week 15

7th April 2014 to 13th April 2014

Woman's shoe of brocaded silk, with vandyked tongue, England, about 1720
For the sampler this week, there has been a focus on learning Four Sided Stitch.
Left Page = I have used a blue linen with tea coloured DMC Pearl No8, to pick up the colours in the shoe.
 Right Page  = A piece of very old lace in a similar colour as the shoe


The top section is pulling the four sided stitch tight.
The centre sections is pulling the four sided stitch tight, and leaving a row of thread in between each line.
Lower row is laying the stitch without pulling the thread tight.I like how  I like how this forms a box.

 A piece of very old lace in a similar colour as the shoe



2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful diary page Cherie. I look forward to seeing how you interpret the picture each week. I've never tried the four-sided stitch but am inspired now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one - the four-sided stitch is a favourite, pulled or not - I love how you have done it both ways in this piece - a true sampler... and that lace fragment on the other page - that is just beautiful! I've never seen lace that colour, and it's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete