Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dear Diary 2014, Week 14

31st March to 6th April 2014


Brocaded silk, Spitalfields, London, about 1755
This week began with very warm weather in the Adelaide Hills around 33 degress., then a drop of over 10 degrees on Wednesday, with rain today, Thursday.  It seems to me that the weather is a bit mixed up.   We are now in Autumn, but the image above evokes a spring type quality. To me it is a happy, playful yet sophisticated image. And that is what i have tried to portray in my stitch sampler.

This sampler began in one of Karen Ruane online classes, "Extending Embellishment" about 2 years ago. I am so happy, and feel fortunate and thankful, to have so many small samples from previous classes with Karen Ruane,  to draw on for inspiration or further work. I admit that when taking the classes, {i do, at times}, become overwhelmed at not being able to keep up or even complete the classes. However this Dear Diary Project has proved that the classes and samples i play with, are a valuable part of my creative learning journey. The Samples and Dear Diary Project offer immense satisfaction in times of melancholy and demise of inspiration and motivation.



4 comments:

  1. I love it Cherie...sampling is never wasted.
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. i do love it when you visit. All of my sampling with you over the past through years is a huge barrell of inspiration.

      Delete
  2. I do so enjoy seeing your interpretation each week. It's a pretty amazing challenge you've set yourself and I know you have to be learning a lot as it goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann. i apprecite you visiting me here. i do enjoy this challenge and my weekly sample

      Delete