Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dear Diary 2014 - Week 4,

Week 4,    20.1.14 to 26.1.14



Samples of dress silks from a merchant's order book, Lyon, France, 1763 

I have picked up two colours from the image to be my focus point.  - Ecru and Red.
Ecru
Ecru is a chameleon, taking on some of the attributes of stronger warm or cool colors it accompanies.  Ecru is a neutral color with a bit of the warmth of brown and the crisp, coolness of white.
I have used the colour Ecru to provide a calm, relaxing background the red colours in hand stitching.
Red
Red is a warm, positive colour which is thought to be energizing. It is a colour that excites the emotions and provides us with motivation to take action.
It denotes ambition and determination and can give confidence to those who are shy or lacking in will power.

The materials I have engaged are:
  • Coton fabric
  • DMC Pearl 8
  • Card
 
The embroider technique I have sampled is laid work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment